Spencer Halstead (Wheelabrator) Tumblast Belt Machine
- Stock No
- Spencer Halstead (Wheelabrator)
- New or Used
- Used (Second Hand)
- Work Envelope (WxDxH mm)
- 940mm x Ø 750mm
- Work Handling Method
- Other Info
- With out feed conveyor
- Our Central Warehouse, Aldridge, UK
- Weight (kgs)
- approx. 2500kgs
- External Dimensions (WxDxH mm)
- 5000 x 3000 x 5000 mm
The concept of the tumblast series is an evolution of the well proven Wheelabrator barrel-type shot blast machines. This range of machines offers reliable process technology coupled with a high degree of flexibility and adaptability to specific needs.
Small components are cleaned wit h the same reliability as larger components with a purposeful batch weight of 500 kg
Wheelabrator machines are designed specifically to minimise the height from which parts are dropped at loading and unloading in order to reduce damage to sensitive parts.
• Descaling of forged or heat treated parts
• Desanding of ferrous and non-ferrous metal castings
• Deburring of metallic and non-metallic parts
• Coating removal for refurbishment in the automotive sector
Wheelabrator tumblast machines are designed for batch operations.
The trough-shaped shot blast chamber consisting of a continuous rubber conveyor belt and adjustable lateral disks. Shot, burrs, flashes or scale and sand deposits are removed by the lower vibrating deck.
Belt speeds can be adapted to the tumbling behavior of the workpieces, thereby allowing for individual
dwell times during the blasting sequence.
With the belt running in the reverse direction, the workpieces are unloaded from the machine to be placed in containers or on conveyor belts.
Loading / unloading is aligned with production requirements: Manual, mechanic or automatic loading allows integration of Wheelabrator tumblast machines in continuous production sequences.
Optimised shot blast effect
During shot blasting, the workpieces, regardless of size and shape, are evenly and continuously tumbled. This is necessary for the effective and uniform treatment of all surfaces.
• During tumbling, the workpieces continually undergo shot removal, enabling workpiece interiors and cavities to be perfectly cleaned
• For the complete removal of all shot, the final tumbling time that follows the shot blast sequence can be regulated to suit the type of workpieces being blast cleaned
• The tightly sealed, leak-proof blast chamber minimises shot consumption
Wheelabrator blast wheels: Improve your blast performance
Blast wheels from Wheelabrator will increase efficiency through an improved blast pattern, reduced shot and energy consumption and minimised downtime. In turn, this will improve the product quality and consistency,
reduce production bottlenecks, increase on-time deliveries and improve customer satisfaction.
The abrasive is mechanically pre-accelerated and delivered to the blast wheel in a continuous stream. This ensures optimal utilisation of the power from the drive motors. The amount of abrasive can be adjusted to optimise the blasting. Highly wear resistant material ensures maximum service life of the blast wheel.
Unique design features allow for quick and easy maintenance and for rapid and simple replacement of wear parts. The careful arrangement of the blast wheel assures that workpieces are always blast cleaned in the hot spot.
Machine components within the throwing range of the blast wheels are made of interchangeable high wear resistant material plates to avoid excessive wear.
• Vibrating conveyor unloading system
• Rubber belt conveyor
• Dust removal system
• Space-saving, ergonomic design
• Process-appropriate blast chamber shielded with large, smooth, and highly wear resistant liners especially designed to withstand abrasion by shot impact
• Pneumatic separation systems
• Modular design allowing for optional equipment to be retrofitted or exchanged to accommodate production changes
• Removal of shot, sand, or scale via vibrating conveyor
Shot reconditioning, loading/unloading, dust collection
Clean workpieces rely upon clean abrasive. sand, scale, burrs and undersized shot must be separated from the abrasive mix before reuse.
Pneumatic separators for cleaning shot containing less aggressive impurities.
A proven filter system thoroughly separates the dust generated during shot blasting.
Continuous dust collection ensures a clean and ecologically responsible plant environment and trouble-free operation of the shot blast machine and the separator.
Type MB200 Technical:
Max volume charge dm3 200
Max advised load kg 500
Max single piece weight kg 5 5
Max piece diagonal mm 350
Drum diameter mm 750
Drum length mm 1940
Wheel power kW 11
Total shot flow kg/min 160/220
Total installed power kW 18
Photographs taken prior refurbishment. Our refurbishment service is not available on all machines.
Machines & equipment for sale
- Surface Treatment
- Cleaning & Degreasing
- Polishing & Belt Linishing
- Mass Finishing
- Ovens & Furnaces
- Process Cooling
- Shot Blasting
- Dust & Fume Extraction
- Air Compressors
- Rectifiers & Transformers
- Latest Stock
- Special Offers
- Direct From Site Clearances
- Brand New Machines
- Available Immediately
- Sell Your Machine
Get the latest machines emailed directly to you as they become available to buy online sign up